Although we miss seeing you, we hope that you have found ways to cope with the daily challenges the coronavirus has placed on our daily lives. We hope you and your family are well in spirit, mind and body.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate the challenges of our temporary closure. Given that it seems unlikely we will be able to re-open today as we hoped, we will remain closed until this crisis has passed and the Governor's Executive Order is lifted.
Thank you for remaining a New Rochelle YMCA member. We hope you will consider using your current membership fee in support of our Y. If so, during our temporary closure, one hundred percent of your monthly membership fee will fully tax-deductible and you will receive a tax-deductible receipt. For those that pay with check or cash, we would greatly appreciate your sending a check payable to the New Rochelle YMCA, 50 Weyman Avenue, New Rochelle, 10805.
In the meantime, we remain committed to our mission. Here's what we're doing now:
- We have put a hold on all membership accounts until we reopen;
- We have stopped after school and program drafts so you will not be charged during this difficult time and will hold until we reopen;
- We have had the National Guard in to sanitize commonly used areas in our facility;
- Our instructors and YUSA are creating exercise videos to keep you and your children healthy and active;
- Our UPK teacher, Kirsten Munch Buckley has gone on-line to teach her class remotely;
- Our childcare staff is discussing with local school districts whether they will be reopening or if we can provide childcare for essential workers, including first responders and healthcare providers and supporting other Y programs;
- Tamika and our volunteers are checking in with our senior members, just to make sure they're ok; and
- We are working with Hope Community Services to let the families of New Rochelle know when they can pick up free food.
While you are home:
- And let us know how you're doing. We really want to know! Post on our Facebook page or send us an email.
- Please know, we are trying to stay in touch with updates so if you want to be on our email alerts, please send your name, email and number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our lists.
Even with so much uncertainty, we know with your support, the New Rochelle Y will grow stronger and always be there for our community. This Spring-- children will once again run up our Y ramp to UPK class or after school activities. Our morning swimmers will come to do laps. Children will engage in friendly competition in the gym or pool. Our Middle Ground Youth Leadership kids will be helping out around the Y. Seniors will attend one of our weekly popular senior fitness classes or gather for Friday coffee time. And everyone will be greeted with big smiles at the front door. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Until then, please stay safe and healthy and know that the New Rochelle YMCA is still here for you.
Jennifer Ryan Safsel
Chief Executive Officer